Welcome to season 2018 and you’ll start to see many changes at our club this year so keep your eyes out for the following:
- New playing standard oval lighting and poles that will allow future night games.
- New electronic scoreboard with black background and LED lighting for club names, scores & time clock to be erected in a new prominent position.
- New 12m x 8m shed with 12m x 5m undercover viewing verandah strategically located on the river side of the clubrooms to allow for future club extensions.
- New commercial grade kitchen and bar flooring
- New Ovens, Chip cookers & freezer
The above improvements are a culmination of 4 – 5 years of solid fundraising, a grant obtained by the Johnson Memorial Park Committee, Adelaide Hills Council grant, a generous donation from our friends at Bird In Hand Winery and some vision from our club committees.
Pre-Season started on the 6th February for our Under 16’s & Open Women’s Football teams with Shane Collins helping out until a coach has been appointed. Last week Adelaide Crows Assistant Coach, Brooke Copeland was a special guest at training and she shared her experience about her involvement with Women’s football.
We are looking at introducing some new women’s merchandise and we’ll endeavour to have it released by mid-March ready for the start of the season. Stay Tuned
Our junior committee has welcomed some fresh members and there is some genuine excitement around the season ahead. New Footy jumpers have been arranged for our modified teams
New members are needed to help us run the club. Please Call the senior president if you would like to join. If you are unable to be on a committee, we are seeking helpers to volunteer for shifts on the bar and full training will be provided.
On Sunday the 25th of March we are hoping to play Imperials Footy Club at Balhannah and our second trial will be against Victor harbor at Victor Harbor on Saturday the 7th of April.
Get behind your club and enjoy an exciting and rewarding 2018.
Andrew Adcock Paul Tyrer
Club President Junior President